The Terms and Conditions govern your use of this website SimplySellBooks.co.uk. Please ensure you have read and fully understood these terms before completing a trade with us. Using this website implies you accept these terms.
We may from time to time update these terms depending on changes to our website so please refer back to them from time to time.
1. Site Access
1.1 You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. However, you will not be able to complete a trade without first registering.
2. Use of Website
2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. Site Uptime
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. Visitor Conduct
4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material: a. for which you have not obtained all necessary consents; b. that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom; c. which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
4.3 [We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.]
5. Links to and from other websites
5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions: a. you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us; b. you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us; c. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and d. your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
5.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2 The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
7. Exclusion of Liability
7.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
8. Governing Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- •We only accept trades from the UK.
- •A Barcode entered must be the barcode on the item itself.
- •Books must be in Good condition, free from damp, tearing, or excessive notes or writing.
- •Any books which originally included CDs, or DVDs or other accessories MUST include these extras otherwise they will be rejected upon receipt.
- •All disc media must have the original cases, packaging and inserts and these must be in good condition.
- •Any disc media may have light scratches, but NOT have any deep scratches, cracks or dents in them.
General trading conditions
The following conditions apply to trading your books with us:
- 1. You must be based in the United Kingdom to trade with us.
- 2. You are at least 18 years of age. If you are younger than 18 years of age you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to sell your books to us.
- 3. We will only make payment for your books subject to them meeting our condition guidelines
- 4. You must be either the owner of the books submitted, or be acting as a permitted agent of the owner of the books.
- 5. If books are rejected due to not satisfying our condition guidelines, we will either return them to you by deducting the cost of postage from your final payment, or recycle them on your behalf. We will contact you in such cases and wait 3 working days for a response, if we do not receive a response you will not receive the book back, it will be recycled.
- 6. Once books have been dispatched to our warehouse you will be unable to cancel the transaction.
- 7. SimplySellBooks.co.uk is intended to be used by private individuals selling their personal collections of goods. SimplySellBooks.co.uk is NOT intended for, nor has it been developed for use by businesses, organisations, cooperatives or traders (whether sole, market or otherwise) who wish to sell single or multiple copies of the same book. However Businesses, charities, schools or other organisations should contact SimplySellBooks.co.uk 's for a more suitable service by emailing support@SimplySellBooks.co.uk or on our Contact Us page and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. Any use of SimplySellBooks.co.uk by businesses, organisations, cooperatives or traders (whether sole, market or otherwise) or customers suspected to be selling books not from a personal collection, that are not authorised in writing by SimplySellBooks.co.uk may result in these accounts being blocked/barred. In such a case the customer can organize a collection at their own cost or collect directly from us on an appointed time to receive back their books. A business, organisation, co-operative, trader (whether sole, market or otherwise) or any other commercial or collective entity will be defined as such solely at the discretion of SimplySellBooks.co.uk ; and by processing your order, you are confirming that you are selling your books as an individual and not as part of any business/commercial activity.
- 8. Only one account is permitted per customer. We reserve the right to block/bar any/all accounts linked to a customer who we believe is responsible for holding multiple accounts with SimplySellBooks.co.uk . We also reserve the right to cancel/refuse any pending payments and revoke any offers of payment previously made to the accounts in question. Any goods that are received by SimplySellBooks.co.uk from one of multiple accounts held by the same customer may be automatically rejected and recycled without warning being given to any additional parties.
- 9. We reserve the right to reject repeat transactions made by the same customer which contain some/all of the same books that have been traded in previous transactions. In such cases the customer will be notified by email and have the opportunity to organize a collection from our warehouse at the customers own cost however only after the customer has paid the amount for the original postage cost incurred on our side to receive the books.
Prices offered on our website are subject to change at any time without notice.
Once you have accepted your sale of books, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 10 working days. If your books are received after 10 working days of you sale completion, we may update the price. The prices offered at that point will be consistent with our search function so can be verified by the customer. In such cases you will be notified before payment.
Posting, delivery and payment
Parcels may take between 3-5 working days to reach our warehouse. They may then take a further three working days to be processed. Although most customers will receive their payment within 7 days of us receiving your package(s), please allow up to 14 days to receive your payment from the day you despatch your books to us. You will be updated at every relevant stage of the process via email, and additionally you can log into your account to view status updates.
SimplySellBooks.co.uk takes no responsibility for damaged, or lost books sent via the courier. Your parcel will be insured for the value of upto £50.
*Unfortunately we cannot offer free postage to customers outside of mainland United Kingdom due to the higher courier costs.
Please see our Packaging Guidelines for clear information on how to package your books.
We recommend you use as few parcels as possible, as this will speed up the time it takes to receive and process your books at our warehouse, and ensure you get your payment as quickly as possible. All valuations include VAT (or other applicable tax) at the prevailing rate.
Using the service
SimplySellBooks.co.uk is a service that has been created to serve the needs of the general public and not for individuals or businesses who would like to sell multiple copies of the same item. We have a limit of one copy of a given books per customer.
Only one account is permitted per customer/address.
Any businesses, schools or charities who wish to offer us books in bulk please contact us directly. In no event shall SimplySellBooks.co.uk ’s liability, either jointly or severally, exceed £100. SimplySellBooks.co.uk however does not limit its liability for death and personal injury resulting from its negligence.
The user agrees to indemnify and hold SimplySellBooks.co.uk, its affiliates, officers, and employees harmless from any claim, demand, expense, or damage, (including reasonable legal fees) relating to your breach of these Trade Conditions and your posting of any material on this site.